1) Helloooooo, flist! I've been meaning to post ever since 2013 dawned on us, but the one time I tried, LJ crashed on me, and... well, I didn't really bother trying again until now. Yay, procrastination mixed with a lack of intelligent things to say! Honestly, though, I really feel like LJ is dying out. I don't want it to, because I'm still nostalgic about all the friendships I formed here, and because this is really a better place to carry out discussions than Tumblr, but I'm not really contributing in terms of keeping it alive, either, so I don't know. Is anyone still actively using this place, or have y'all migrated? I know that some of you, like me, might not be posting much, but still checking your flists regularly, so I'm a bit nervous about doing a friends-cut and taking out people who're here, but just lurking. If you're around and plan to stay on, could you drop me a quick line in the comments so I know you're still here? Thank you! :)
2) It's a whole new year, folks! How's everyone managing so far? My month has been going pretty well, to be honest.( Collapse )
3) TV! This is one area I really need to get better organized at. I'm still watching things randomly, as and when I feel like it, and subsequently not really catching up with or finishing ANYTHING. The "current" up-to-date list includes Arrow
and The Vampire Diaries
(but I'm dropping this starting this week, because UGH I CANNOT DEAL WITH THE NONSENSE). I'ma also catching up with a ton of stuff including It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
(S1), Breaking Bad
(S2) and Being Human UK
(starting from S1, just to be thorough, but will be watching S5 when it airs). Apart from that, I'm all caught up with and will be watching Community
, Game of Thrones
and Teen Wolf
whenever they start airing. (I HOPE). Ugh, MESSYYYYY.
4) Oh, oh, oh, how could I forget? I started watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
this week (because everyone on Tumblr seemed to be enjoying it so much) and it's SO GOOD, y'all. The adaptation to modern-day, internet-era, vlogging-style is so clever, and the cast is so brilliant that it really feels super genuine and not at all like someone's making a fictional series. I highly recommend it if you haven't started watching already, even though I'm only on episode 30 and haven't even met the infamous Darcy in person yet (I've been spoiled by Tumblr, though, so I know what he turns out to be like!), and even though I'm not even that big a fan of the original Pride & Prejudice to begin with! Good stuff.
5) I'm looking forward to so many movies this year! Off the top of my head, I know I really want to see Stoker
(incestual creepiness, yay!), The Host
(SHUT UP IT HAS OSCAR NOMINEE SAOIRSE RONAN, OKAY? and Jake Abel! <3
) and Now You See Me
(the cast is stellar and super-random), but because I also get attached to specific celebrities and stalk them and their movies as they're being made, and because I seem to be into a lot of actors/actresses this year, I'll have a lot more to add to the list as the year goes on. What are your must-sees this year, flist?
On a random note, none of my icons match the stuff I'm actually watching at the moment. FAIL.